Keep Teaching & Learning
View the Keep Teaching website to learn about training and resources available to instructors who will be teaching online for the fall semester.
Register now for CanvasCon Online October 15
For the health and safety of all attendees, Instructure is combining their annual InstructureCon event and regional CanvasCon events into one free online global conference. Come together with other Canvas users for professional development, idea-sharing, and skill-building at CanvasCon Online on Thursday, October 15. Register now for free!
During CanvasCon Online, participants will:
- Soak Up the Inspiration - View keynotes and targeted presentations from folks who are changing the course of education.
- Partner Up With Our Partners - Meet "in person" (i.e., in real-time) with content, tech, and service providers whose tools integrate seamlessly with Canvas to amplify the impact of teaching and learning. Ask questions, get demos, make big plans for your digital classroom.
- See More Sides of Online Learning - Become a more effective teacher through virtual professional development. Experience online learning through your student's eyes.
- Expand Your Community - Canvas isn't the only thing you have in common with your fellow educators. Make new connections and create lasting friendships with peers from all over the world.
- Achieve Insider Status - Experts will tell you what's new and what's coming up next with Canvas.
- Become a Canvas Master - Choose from dozens of sessions that can teach you how to do cool, new, powerful things with Canvas.
A new Scantron machine is located just outside the Cat's Pause Lounge on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. Faculty should bring a USB drive to load files because the computer attached to the Scantron machine does not currently have a working network connection. The use of the Scantron machine is limited to the hours the IT Help Desk is open. The current times are:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 10 p.m.
Updates to Canvas were released on September 19. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete September Release Notes.
- Missing Assignments — Displays a list of assignments that have not been submitted by one or more students. Data includes Student Name, Student ID, Course Name, Course ID, Section Name, Assignment Name, Points Possible, Due Date, and Unlocked Date.
- Late Assignments — This option displays assignments that have been submitted late for one or more students. Data includes Student Name, Student ID, Course Name, Course ID, Section Name, Assignment Name, Points Possible, Due Date, and Unlocked Date.
- Excused Assignments — Displays a list of assignments that have been excused in the course for one or more students. Data includes Student Name, Student ID, Course Name, Course ID, Section Name, Assignment Name, Points Possible, Due Date, and Unlocked Date.
- Class Roster — Displays a list of students enrolled in the course or section with student contact information. Based on user permissions, data may include Student Name, Student ID, and Email address.
- Course Activity — Displays a list of daily user interactions in course resources, where each report entry captures a summary of user views and participation. The calendar filter only accommodates up to the past 27 days. Data includes: User ID, User Name, Section ID, Section Name, Course ID, Course Name, Content ID, Content-Type, Content Name, Times Viewed, Times Participated, First Viewed Date, and Last Viewed Date.