Keep Teaching & Learning
View the Keep Teaching website to learn about training and resources available to instructors who will be teaching online for the fall semester.
Updates to Canvas were released on October 17. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete October Release Notes.
- Recent History Link — The Global Navigation Menu includes a Recent History link, which displays Canvas's recently visited pages. This change helps users remember what page they last viewed in one or multiple courses.
- Notification Preferences Interface Update — The user-level Notifications page has been updated to match the course-level Notifications page's design. Additional enhancements have been added to clarify notifications between each level. These changes align the user interface for consistency, remind users about notification overrides at either the course or user levels, and improve navigation.
- Account Notification — The name of the Account Notifications page is also included in the breadcrumb trail for easier navigation. Notifications for individual courses can be changed within each course and override user account notifications.
- Course Notification — The Course Notifications page also includes a banner notifying users about these overrides.
A new Scantron machine is located just outside the Cat's Pause Lounge on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. Faculty should bring a USB drive to load files because the computer attached to the Scantron machine does not currently have a working network connection. The use of the Scantron machine is limited to the hours the IT Help Desk is open. The current times are:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 10 p.m.