Library and Research Resources:
Faculty, staff, and students should use the free Interlibrary Loan service to get books and articles from other libraries. All online library resources are available, but most of the physical collection that was in Hale will not be available during the 2018-2019 school year. Searchable PDFs are now available to improve accessibility. Please note: we usually aren't able to provide textbooks through this service. Stop by any library help desk either at our new Union location or a branch library to get help making a request online.
Library Services available at the following locations:
- Welcome Desk, K-State Student Union
- Weigel Library, Regnier Hall, Room 0081
- Math/Physics Library, Cardwell Hall, Room 105
- Vet Med Library, Trotter Hall, Room 422
The online Ask A Librarian services, staffed by the branch libraries (MathPhysics, Weigel Architecture, Veterinary Medicine, and K-State Polytechnic) are all operating fully. For a complete list of branch locations, go to http://www.lib.k-state.edu/locations.
Are you looking for a quiet study space? Go to http://www.k-state.edu/its/recovery/service-locations.html to see all the available locations.
A new Scantron machine is located just outside the Cat's Pause Lounge on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. Faculty should bring a USB drive to load files because the computer attached to the Scantron machine does not currently have a working network connection. Use of the Scantron machine is limited to the hours the IT Help Desk is open. The current times are:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 10 p.m.
Updates to Canvas were released on October 19. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete October Release Notes.
- Navigation — The Admin, Course, and User Navigation Menus have been updated to include color and visual indicators to define active menu items. Additionally, the Course Navigation Menu includes tooltip indicators to clarify inactive menu items. No functionality has been affected. This change helps improve accessibility in Canvas. Previously the inactive links displayed in light gray text with a light border, which did not fulfill contrast ratios. Additionally, active and inactive links only relied on color to convey information.
- CSV Report Localization — In User Settings, the feature options to manage international preferences of byte-order mark, semicolons, and field separators are supported in account-level Outcome Results and Student Competency reports and the Learning Mastery Gradebook Export report. Additionally, the feature option descriptions have been updated to clarify the options apply to any compatible spreadsheet export. This change allows users to view commas and special characters in any compatible spreadsheet export that supports the functionality. Previously only Gradebook exports were supported.
- New Course and User Analytics — New Course and User Analytics functionality will be enabled during the holiday break for Spring 2020. This change will give instructors and students an interactive and actionable view of course analytics. Previous data will be in the new format, and the tool will need to be enabled in your Course navigation settings.