On May 22, 2018, there was an accidental fire on the roof of Hale Library. Hale Library suffered substantial damage as a result of the smoke and the large amount of water needed to extinguish the fire. The building will remain closed for the 2018-2019 school year.
Library and IT services have been relocated across campus. To see a complete list of quiet and group study locations, library help desks, free printing locations, and computers labs, view the service locations list.
Library and Research Resources:
Faculty, staff, and students should use the free Interlibrary Loan service to get books and articles from other libraries. All online library resources are available, but most of the physical collection that was in Hale will not be available during the 2018-2019 school year. Searchable PDFs are now available to improve accessibility. Please note: we usually aren't able to provide textbooks through this service. Stop by any library help desk either at our new Union location or a branch library to get help making a request online.
Library Services available at the following locations:
- Welcome Desk, K-State Student Union
- Weigel Library, Regnier Hall, Room 0081
- Math/Physics Library, Cardwell Hall, Room 105
- Vet Med Library, Trotter Hall, Room 422
The online Ask A Librarian services are being staffed and the branch libraries (MathPhysics, Weigel Architecture, Veterinary Medicine, and K-State Polytechnic) are all operating fully. For a complete list of branch locations, go to http://www.lib.k-state.edu/locations.
Are you looking for a quiet study space? Go to http://www.k-state.edu/its/recovery/service-locations.html to see all the available locations.
A new Scantron machine is located just outside the Cat's Pause Lounge on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. Faculty should bring a USB drive to load files because the computer attached to the Scantron machine does not currently have a working network connection. Use of the Scantron machine is limited to the hours the IT Help Desk is open. The current times are:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 10 p.m.
Updates to Canvas were released on March 30. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete March Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with Canvas through the month as necessary.
- Content Link Error — The Notifications page includes a new alert for instructors to be notified about broken links in a course. This change allows instructors to be notified about broken links via notifications when they are accessed by students in the course. To enable this feature, go to the Notification Preferences page and select Content Link Error notification.
- Item Bank Tags — Quizzes.Next supports adding tags to item bank items. This feature allows instructors to easily categorize similar items within item banks. Instructors can add tags when editing an item bank item. From the Tags and Metadata field, instructors can enter text to create a new tag. After a tag is created, it can be selected as a tag in any item bank associated with the user who created the tag.
- Item Bank Search — Quizzes.Next supports searching item banks and filtering item bank results by tags or item type. This feature allows instructors to quickly find items in an item bank. Instructors can search for items within any item bank by using the Search field. Search results will display items with matching results in question titles, question stems, and answer choices.